Spend an hour or so today just making your place less chaotic. Put on music to keep you moving and cheerful while you do it.
– bring the dirty dishes all back to the kitchen sink
– gather up the recycling (including those already-read newspapers and the don't-need-to-read-it junk mail and catalogs that have accumulated and carry it out
– dump all the trash and carry it out
– hang up coats, put away shoes, and put the clothes piled around into the hamper, drawers or closet as appropriate
– do the dishes
– look around and see what's still out of place or in your way and do something better with it.
After an hour, don't stress over what remains. Things are a whole hour more like how you want them to be. Enjoy that and relax.