We're one quarter of the way into the year now. I don't know about you, but some days I feel like I've been running non-stop since last Thanksgiving. Work is hectic, the social calendar fills up, and sometimes it seems like even my "to do for fun" list gets overwhelming.
Today (or a full day very, very soon) you need to recharge. If your family or social obligations are always too pressing on the weekends, take a vacation day. You deserve to feel well and happy.
Clear your day of all but those activities which will reduce your stress and energize you.
Things I recommend doing:
– Go outside and look for signs of the changing seasons. What are the trees and flowers in your neighborhood doing? What kind of clouds are there today? (See any interesting shapes?) What animals are around and what are they up to?
– Listen to old, old favorite songs. Do you have fond memories of any of the music in your household growing up?
– Do something you really love doing without worrying about what anyone else thinks. Get off of their itinerary.
– Eat (or best of all, cook for yourself) something you really love to eat. This is especially good for those who avoid a certain food because a family member or significant other doesn't like it.
– Get enough sleep.
– Drink lots of water.
– Drop the worries for today.