Do you feel good about this news? Perhaps that's not what alarmed you most in the paper this week. Whatever has you concerned about what your elected officials are doing, take time this weekend to dig into the issues and their actions in more depth.
Questions to ask:
– what do people on different sides of the issue say happened or is happening?
– how are commentators evaluating these developments?
– has something like this happened before here or elsewhere in the world? What happened in that case?
– do my applicable elected officials know how I feel about this issue?
– is there an action I can take which will put things back on the right track?
– can I share what I've learned with others, even in just an email to friends & family or a letter to the editor of my local paper?
Freedom of information, freedom of speech and representative government are wonderful treasures. Use them.