Here's a challenge for you: get 10 grocery bags of stuff out of your house by the end of the day.
Neatniks may have to resort to counting carrying out the trash & recycling, but us mere mortals should be able to achieve this goal with things that wouldn't have gone out anyhow.
– stuff to go to Goodwill or a similar charity that you already had waiting to take away
– borrowed things to return to to someone
– dry cleaning & alterations to be done
– books to return to the library
– stuff you have been intending to sell in a yard sale for over 10 months – give it to charity already, will ya?!
– stuff you never use ever but it's still perfectly good and you feel guilty about giving it away and… oh just get rid of it!
– canned food for the food bank
– clothes & shoes you never wear – whee! Charity is fun!
– wire hangers accumulated from the dry cleaner
Put more ideas in the comments and enjoy that lightened load!