1. Work (or, for the retired & students, Projects You Do For Others)
Carve 20 minutes out of your day somewhere (or stay late or come in early tomorrow if you have to) to think hard about a few things & take a few notes:
– that which your boss cares most about you having completed;
– that which nags at you most and which it will relieve you greatly to have completed;
– that which your boss cares about and which has been waiting for a while and which can be completed in less than an hour;
– that which will most help you be more efficient in the future;
– that which is a demonstration of the skills which are required for the position you'd like to be promoted to.
We're going to come back to these each day for the rest of the week, so keep these high-level categories in mind as you work through the days.
Find that uncompleted project which is taking up the most space. Put in 45 minutes on it OR pack it up with a note to remind yourself of the next steps to do OR officially abandon it & get it out of the way.