Got a bunch of periodic cleaning tasks that you're not so good about getting to? Write them on slips of paper, drop them in a jar and then make a routine of regularly drawing a chore to do right now. Put the done one's under the jar until every one has been done, then put them all back in the jar.
Some ideas for your slips:
– clean the kitchen sink
– cobweb & dustbunny patrol
– sweep the porch/sidewalk in front/deck/stairs
– scrub the toilet
– make the table pretty (clear it, shake or replace the tablecloth, put on a centerpiece)
– shine shoes
– clean the stove top & oven
– make the place guest-ready
– purge a shopping bag of papers/catalogs/etc.
– gather together all the things that need to be given/returned to someone else
– safety drill (check smoke alarm, practice evacuation, check flashlight batteries, freshen emergency water, etc.)
One thought on “Chore Lottery”
Do the “have to do” chores for others at the start of the week so those obligations don’t bog you down the whole week. Put stuff away right away-there is no tidy fairy that cleans up after you. Dump garbage and put recycle out daily. Keep a running shopping list in the kitchen so you know what you really need and don’t guess at what is needed. I’m still bummed that there is no tidy fairy…